Letter to parents/carers – 31 August 2023
Reinforced Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (RAAC)
You may have seen press coverage regarding some schools affected by RAAC and the possibility of closure due to this. We wanted to ensure you are updated on what this means for South Bank MAT’s schools.
We have been working on this for some time and can confirm that we have taken the following actions:
- As the responsible body, the Trust has engaged with the Department for Education’s (DfE) survey process;
- Where there was a possibility of RAAC being identified, we carried out further investigative work;
- Where needed, we commissioned intrusive surveys which have now been carried out;
- The surveys confirmed that there is no RAAC present in any of our schools;
- We have notified the DfE and the Local Authority of this.
All of our schools will start the new academic year as planned and we are looking forward to welcoming pupils back into our schools.